Saturday, January 22, 2011

Baby Update

We had an ultrasound on January 5th, 22 weeks along, and found out we're having a little boy! He's doing well and was just as active in this ultrasound as he was at 12 weeks. Here are the few pictures we have of our little man:

Profile with his hand coming up to his face,


Little arm,And his little foot.
I love being able to feel him move. My favorite thing this week has been, not only having Tyler feel baby boy, but being able to lay down and watch my belly contort with his movements. Sometimes my belly looks like it's being jostled side to side, and sometimes there's just a quick protrusion as he kicks and punches.

My belly is finally starting to protrude. It is the weirdest thing to have one image of yourself in your head, and then look down or look at your reflection and the image is quite different. Quite often I'll think of myself as a regular me, that looks the same as I've always looked, and then I have one of those moments, and I love it! My mental picture of being pregnant always included a cute pregnant belly and I finally feel like I'm starting to get there.

This is me, 24 weeks pregnant:


Date Night


While I'm blogging , I might as well include the best date ever! I found the recipe for Tyler's favorite soup yesterday, PF Chang's Hot and Sour, here. It took quite a bit of searching at the grocery store, but Tyler managed to find all the ingredients. It was really easy to make and SO SO good! It made me so happy to see how much Tyler loved it.

I also made the Hershey's Chocolate Cake Recipe. It came out of the oven looking more like a crater than a puffy dome... but it still tasted really good!

After our delectable meal, we went to the musical play, Peter Pan, put on by the BYU Fine Arts Department. We both loved the performance and had the songs stuck in our heads this morning. We couldn't take pictures during the play, but here as some posted on the BYU website:




It was an awesome date night and I just love this husband of mine!

2 comments:

  1. I was not informed that you were having a boy until a week ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun and your little belly is so cute. If you think it contorts now, just wait until 38 weeks. Congrats on the little man. We miss you guys bunches and hope you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete