Tyler loves Christmas time. He starts listening to Christmas music after his birthday. His birthday is September 14th. This last Thanksgiving, Jana and I went to Martha's baby shower and came home to find Tyler and Scott on the roof putting up Christmas lights. Tyler was SO excited! They had found some colored lights and an adapter that twists into the existing porch light, allowing us to turn on the Christmas lights with the flip of a switch from inside. Our colorful lights were on every night. Until the sad truth was revealed.
I had been struggling the decision of how long into the year we should keep our Christmas lights on. I took note as one by one, our neighbors' beautiful yards reverted back to their pre-Christmas states. Most ceased to sport their lights within a week of Christmas: and only the stalwart few remained after the snow melted. When I realized ours was the only house with lights remaining, I suggested that maybe our season of Christmas Light Cheer had come to an end. Tyler was visibly heartbroken, but still switched our plug-in adapter for the traditional energy saving bulb. This was last week, the first week of February...
No comments:
Post a Comment