Saturday, April 28, 2012

Grandma Jana

Grandma Jana came down for a quick visit last week before her knee surgery, and we absolutely loved having her. Daddy helped Thayne open some early birthday presents:






 He started figuring out how to open them by himself:

 

He loved the presents and did eventually figure out how to play with them, not just suck on them:


Thayne loved reading with Grandma:


And he even showed off a new trick while she was here. I've tried to teach him the legitimate signs for 'more' and 'please', but Thayne made his own adaptions and repeatedly uses this as his 'please' sign:


A terrible game to encourage, I know, but he had his 'please' sign down by the time we finished. It's been a great communication tool. When he sees something he wants, he does the please sign emphatically until I respond. He asks for food, toys, trips outside, and even baths. We're loving it.



No comments:

Post a Comment