So at our last ultrasound, they found some potential brain and heart abnormalities in little man. He had a choroid cyst in his brain and his little heart ventricles were at the very upper limits of normal. The doctor was awesome and bluntly explained that these could be indicative of Trisomy 18 or 21, or it could indicate learning disability or potential heart defects. The chances were really low, around .25% or something like that, but they wanted to do a follow up just to see where he was at. We knew we would love our baby regardless, but we did want the heads up if he needed special care immediately after birth. Yesterday was our follow up, and he is looking great. He's still at the upper limits of normal for his heart and there is a little bit of variation in brain tissue, but nothing to be worried about. He's been quite active and has wiggled himself into the head down position already. I just love the little profile shots we got of him.

He was stretching and arching his back in this one:


This one can be hard to see, but it's my favorite. Look at it more like a 3D image on his face, and you can see the shadows showing his eyes, nose and little cheeks:

Pregnancy is going great! My biggest complaint is that he LOVES moving at night, and during church. I've learned to just stretch out as much as I can when we starts kicking up towards my ribs and moving his head and hands excessively. Stretching helps. But I love it when he moves too. I guess I'll add that to my list of bitter-sweets in life :)
So, so glad everything is ok. He looks ever so handsome, and it's way fun that he's so wiggly (even though I know it's uncomfortable). Only 3 more months!
ReplyDeleteYay for baby updates! I am so excited for the little guy to get his buns out here (in due time, of course). Can we please play soon?
ReplyDeleteAli, I think your baby boy is going to have your luscious lips :) Just sayin.
ReplyDelete