The weekend we came back to Provo we had our little Open House. He reserved a pavilion at Nielsen's Grove, and the week prior Mama Southwick helped us pick out food from BYU catering. Everything worked out wonderfully. Tyler picked up the food and we set it out, the threatening rain stayed at bay leaving a windy but beautiful evening for us, no one was too upset when we were completing the final touches and I still wasn't in my dress at the start of the Open House, and we it was small enough that Tyler and I could roam and talk to everyone that came. Unfortunately we didn't get very many pictures, but here are a few that we did get.
We've had a lot of fun making dinners together and other tasty treats. One night we ambitiously made our own tortillas and they turned out pretty good!
With some of our Target Gift Cards, we decided to invest in board games. Tyler introduced me to Othello. A game he's never lost. He failed to mention that small fact until I was ready to give up on the game I could never win. Yet, through perseverance and determination, I am pleased to announce that the champion has been beaten. The point of the game is to have the most of your color remaining on the board. Here is proof of my victory (I was white and he didn't have any turns left :)
And here is Tyler's look of disbelief
We also invested in some camping gear to enjoy the great outdoors. It took a couple of weeks before we felt like we had the basics covered and we could venture to the mountains to find our very own camping spot. This past weekend we finally packed our gear into the car and headed to the infamous Payson Lakes Campground (I actually don't know how truly infamous it is, but it was recommended by a couple different sources). It was a gorgeous drive and we were getting excited to finally go on a camping trip. We came to the campground and it was full, as were both of the two large campgrounds up the road. It could have been a beautiful place to camp, so we got out of the car and took a picture of us there to try and compensate for our lack of camping.Saturday we spent the afternoon with Grandma Southwick fixing her computer and going to eat at Golden Coral. I am always amazed by how much Tyler can eat, and it was so good to see Grandma again :) On Sunday we tested out our new ice cream maker and made the most delightful homemade vanilla ice cream with Spencer & Allison, and Jill & Tevya. I just wish we had pulled out the camera, but maybe next time.
Move out to Corinne, it's like camping every day ;) We should get together before school starts for a camping adventure!
ReplyDeleteI'm pretty sure I beat Tyler at least once in that game, most likely more......I guess we'll have a rematch when we get back to the States
ReplyDelete