The night before the wedding, Tara gave me this piece of advice: To write down the reasons I chose to marry Tyler and keep the list handy for times when I need a reminder and for times that maybe he needs reminding. Well, I sure do love this husband of mine and thought I could share my top ten list here.
Tyler is fun to be around. That's one of the first things that attracted me to him. I couldn't help but notice his beaming smile and how he kept a positive attitude about everything. I loved just being with him whether we were finding new and exciting adventures, or doing everyday things like making dinner.
Tyler is a great talker/listener. I definitely had a need for venting/stressed/confused/clarifying/I-just-missed-you talks and Tyler was always obliging. He would just come over and talk and was genuinely interested in what I had to say.
Tyler works really hard and he's really good at what he does. I realized he put everything into what he was doing. If he was programing, his goal was not to make it workable, but to make "nice code." He wanted any skilled programmer to look at his work and easily understand what he did.
Tyler is kind. I hated going on dates with guys that would treat the people that were around us like they were nothing. I loved how anytime we went shopping or out to eat, Tyler always treated the people serving us or helping us with respect. He always asked how they were doing and wished them a great day on our way out.
Tyler is just good. I loved that he always did what he knew was right and he lived his life in a way that I would want to stay with him forever. I loved that we could go to the temple together and that he would give me blessings when I needed them.
Tyler is well rounded. Yes, he is very good with computers and programming, but he didn't just stay inside all day in a dark room writing(I guess it would be typing) code. He loved being outside and finding adventures. He loved running, swimming, and camping or just going on walks with me.
Tyler is helpful. He would always come over to my apartment and help me make dinner when it was my dinner night and he would stay and help me clean up. For cleaning checks mid-semester, he was right there with me cleaning out and scrubbing the fridge. All my roommates knew who to call when our internet was down. He was always helping us with internet and faulty computers.
Tyler is smart and loves learning. When he didn't know how to do something, he looked it up until he understood. I still remember the night I texted him to see what he was doing and he was reading The Chronicles of Narnia in Russian. Does he speak Russian? Not really. It was probably more like reading a Russian dictionary guided by The Chronicles of Narnia.
Tyler is responsible. He was a great Sunday School President and took things like work and money very seriously. I always felt like I could trust him with anything.
Tyler is so good to me. I love his character and his strength, and how all of that is topped by the way he treats me. I have always felt appreciated, valued, respected, and loved by Tyler. He has been a wonderful boyfriend, Fiance, and now husband. He works with me when I'm difficult and motivates me when I'm discouraged.
There are so many reasons I chose and continue to choose Tyler. Tyler I love you! And you are easily and definitely the best choice I've ever made.
You are great! This is awesome! I am so glad you are madly in love. Isn't it great
ReplyDeleteWhat good advice that sister of yours gave you! I bet she's really good at decorating wedding cakes too! Love you!
ReplyDeleteHey, I just looked at all your engagement pictures and they are so fun! You got quite a few that show what a gorgeous couple you all are, but I like the funny ones even better! I'm so glad that my sister is so happy and so well loved! Thanks Tyler!
ReplyDelete