Wednesday, January 23, 2013

34 Weeks

During Thayne's 39 weeks of gestation, all I had during the day were hours of thinking about and anticipating his birth, plus naps at the slightest whim of fatigue. The days dragged on just waiting for that magical day when I could hold him in my arms, and I could tell everyone exactly how far along I was at any given moment. I prepared for labor and delivery like it was an athletic event with fast paced walks, squats, and pregnant lady stretches. Not so much this time.

This pregnancy has flown by. Thayne has kept me very busy. I am completely at his mercy for naps. And sleeping in is not an option. I am doing a lot of lifting. In and out of car seats. Into high chairs. In and out of the bath. I get tuckered out from daily activities. Extracurricular walks and exercises have not been a high priority. There are new pregnancy symptoms from life with a toddler. I now know that lifting a lot really does affect pregnant backs/hips and can create quite the burn along the muscle-lacking mid line by the end of the day. 

This week I've been making it a priority to fit walks and stretching into my day and it has made a huge difference! I have got to remember to be better about those throughout my next pregnancy. And I've got to remember that pregnancy comes with cycles just like everything else. There are days at a time that my belly feels so tight that I swear it will literally rip apart, and then it's as if my body grows extra skin during the night, and I'll wake up one day feeling comfortable in my own skin once again and little baby movements are fun again instead of painful. That is, until the next cycle begins.     

I am so excited to for our Little Miss to come and am so grateful her pregnancy has been void of complications thus far. There are so many little things about pregnancy I've forgotten, and hopefully this little post will help me remember just a few things for future babes.

Tah Dah! A 34 week baby bump for baby #2

4 comments:

  1. Ah you are so so cute! Thanks for updating! And yes, I am a huge advocate of exercising during pregnancy. I rode about 5 miles a day and walked a mile and did some weights every day with #2 and it made my pregnancy so comfortable (and delivery too!). I can't believe you are almost there! So excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Yay! Yay! You are rockin' that bump, hot mamma. I wish I was around so we could be walking partners. Heck, who cares about the walks, I just wish you were around. You look fabulous and you are going to be a great mommy to sweet baby girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute, Ali! Good to hear everything's going well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a hot mama! You rock. I miss you. Can I say that enough?!

    ReplyDelete