Friday, May 13, 2011

40 Weeks

Well, we made it! 40 whole weeks. And we're still here. In one body. Well, at least Thayne and I are in one body. Tyler is still quite independent and mobile. These are pictures I took yesterday. Please ignore the massive burn line I acquired last Saturday.

And just to show that pregnant shirts really do emphasize pregnant bellies, here is another picture from the same day:

It feels like things are happening and changing, so we'll see how this next week goes. Though, at my appointment yesterday I measured 1 cm and 60% effaced. Not exactly the stats that say "he's coming out now!" but it does say that things are progressing from the 0 cm at the previous appointment! We are all packed and ready to go to the hospital. All his clothes have been washed and put away. His car seat is in the car. And the crib, the final touch, is in place.


Maybe sometime I'll convince my Mom to write down the whole story of the crib. This crib is often referred to as: The Baby Basket. Essentially, my mom found it in my Grandparents house when she was pregnant with my oldest sister and cleaned it up after learning it was the basket my grandparents had used to carry their babies with them out to the fields. My mom cleaned and scrubbed, and my dad built the frame. My dad and his siblings played in the Baby Basket, all of my siblings and I have slept in the Baby Basket, and most of my nieces and nephews spent time here too. Now we're just waiting to add Thayne's name to the list :)

5 comments:

  1. Woot! Woot! Hot preggo mamma! Let's go walking, I will be in Provo tonight and I am determined to walk until we can get the little guy out! :) I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ali! I was sitting here thinking about you and then it occurred to me that you're supposed to have a baby soon! Apparently, Thayne missed that memo, though. ;) Let me know if you need anything! I'm SO excited for you and Tyler! You're both going to be great parents. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your belly is sooooo cute! Come on little guy, we all want to see you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're so excited for little Thane!

    ReplyDelete