The appointment was at 2, and fortunately Tyler was able to leave class early to be there with me. We went through the thousand questions and gave them everything for the needed lab work. We got to the part where we tried to find the heartbeat. The midwife tried for quite a while, but there was nothing. My heartbeat was loud and clear, but there was no baby heart to be heard. I started getting a little nervous as our midwife referred us to the hospital for an ultrasound. We had about an hour between the appointments, but finally, finally, we got in. Our baby was definitely alive and very active. We saw hands, feet, joints, a heart, and all of them were moving everywhere. Well, except for the heart. It was just beating :) Here are the pictures we have of our little one.

I may have cried a little when the technician first said, "Your baby is definitely alive!" We're about 12 weeks along and so so excited to know that our little papoose is growing strong! We didn't get home til a little after 6, but seeing our baby move was definitely worth the long day.
WOOOOOT!!! I am pretty excited for you guys.
ReplyDeleteAlways a scary moment when they can't find the heartbeat. Glad the little nugget is alive and well! We are SO excited for you!
ReplyDeleteyayayayayaya!!!! i'm soo excited. you're my first roomie to have a baby. and i'll be there to meet him or her!
ReplyDeleteDear Baby Southwick, I love you already. Please get here soon! I can't wait to meet you :) You are a lucky baby to have such great parents. Congrats you guys!
ReplyDeleteOk, I am so excited! I can't wait to find out if Baby Southwick is a boy or a girl so I can make fun baby things for you guys. Congratulations! You will love having a baby, even though sometimes it can be hard. Motherhood is the best job. My recommendation is to take up some hobbies so you don't go crazy at home! Start now while you have a few months to get good at it. I'm so excited for you guys!! Love you!!!
ReplyDelete