Monday, August 9, 2010

Cousins, cousins everywhere!

Tyler and I started out July by driving to Menan Idaho for a Ray and Annie Miller family reunion. What a weekend! I have cousins that I've never really met before. I have cousins with kids going to college. I have cousins that are grandparents! It was a ton of fun and I absolutely loved seeing the legacy my grandparents created. Here are the immediate cousins that were there Friday night,...and here's the whole extended family that were present,Yes, we did all wear name tags :)

Southeastern Idaho is one of my favorite places on earth. I remember when I was little my friends would be so excited for their summer plans to go to Disneyland or Hawaii, and I was just as excited to go to Menan. Last I checked the population was at a high of 700 people, and a good chunk of those 700 are relatives in one way or another.
Unfortunately, it was a little too chilly to jump in the canal behind the old Miller Farm, but we did enjoy walking along it and looking at the old fields while the sun set.

We ate incredible food,

Griffin discovered how unbelievably ticklish Tyler is,

We got pretty up close and personal with some monstrous and valuable elk,
We enjoyed the Menan 4th of July parade and watching Kelsie and Griffin improve their "street skills" to get more free candy and chocolate milk,


And of course, a Miller family reunion would never be complete without lots of tractor rides :)
Tyler and I were really excited to spend an afternoon with Grandpa Ricks while we were there and couldn't believe it when we ran into the uncle Clyde Southwick family in Rexburg. Overall, it was a wonderful weekend with lots of family.

2 comments:

  1. I miss my Ali!!! Soon--soon we will see each other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the last picture I have my tongue hanging out in the background

    ReplyDelete